Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: rockwell axles

The axle itself seems to be the same. Just the hubs "flipped" to the "out" position compared to a normal US M35 rear axle is the only difference. I will try to get some pictures later.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

this is what may be the only difference ..... already flipped !!!
    Rockwells / Cummins / 3053A
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

I went out to my 1953 M35 parts truck and took this picture of the rear axle:

This is my parts truck, but the axles are set up the same as the rest of the M35's. Both of the rear axles have the hubs flipped "in." The front drivers side rear has the hub flipped "out." Here is what that looks like from above with a tire on it:

Here is the difference between an "out" and an "in" on the same side of the truck next to each other:

The US had the trucks with the hubs "out" for the M34 single wheel truck. Here is the rim meant for that truck. Notice how the center plate is offset back from the front edge of the rim:

Here is a regular US M35 dual tire rim. Notice how it has the same center plate, but it is flush with the front edge of the rim:
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Thanks ... this will be a good rockwell infos post !!!
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

Now another set of questions .... disc brake upgrade ...

I know that i need B700 bus rotor ( the chinese version almost didn't need machining )

And F-550 calipers .... but i read about rear calipers ...

I don't know if a read correctly but did i really need rear caliper on the front on the rockwell ?? almost impossible .... ??

I was thinking swaping an entire brake system of a F-550 ... the hydrobooster with the master and the front and rear calipers .... so i will keep my pedal's feeling like a brand new F-550 But i'm not sure about the right caliper application ...

Maybe you can help on this one ........ ?? Thanks
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

The rear caliper for a 02 f350 is supposed to work. brakewarehouse.com part no. 168047 and 168046 around $357 plus shipping. Is what I have written down. I got this info from one of the Pirate 4x4 posts. I have not looked into yet my self.

Thanks ... will work something later this year on that ....

Now another concern .... steering linkage. Front Rock are left side fot the oem steering and for fitting it on a M715 you need to have ( i assume ) a custom right high steer arm

Anyone have a good picture of what it may look like ?? And what about removing the stock left arm ??
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

Since my PA rockwell was in better shape than the one i already have .... I had to flip the hub ...... here's somes pics ..... you can also clearly see the IN and OUT

Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer

PSC has steering arms for the rockwells. They were designed to work with their full hydraulic steering system though. Might work, give them a call.

Quote Originally Posted by 503m715 View Post
    PSC has steering arms for the rockwells. They were designed to work with their full hydraulic steering system though. Might work, give them a call.
    Thanks but i found on the Pirate board that Carl from oldtowncustoms are making those arm for PSC ... the problem is that they are already drilled for heims joint .... i need one without holes. Will surely have some news from Carl next week !!!
    Combat wheels on 395 XML
    M104A1 trailer