Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Restoration of 03N21368

Engine is in, I dropped in the engine/transmission as one unit with the front clip still on, I used a load level sling and was able to get enough angle for it to go in, just in. Attaching all the externals now, currently fighting with the exhaust.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was able to reproduce an original muffler from the information posted on the site. Getting the flanges clocked was the worst of it, 3 times on and off.

Found original battery hold downs(frames)at Memphis Equipment, I had one original J bolt and reproduced 3 more from some 5/16 round stock. Trying to keep this M715 as original as possible is really time consuming but will be worth it in the end.

Could you be so kind as to post the dimensions of the J Bolts? I too have the hold down frames, but I don't have the J Bolts.

Thanks for the pictures. I have not seen them "in the flesh" since 1970. Thanks too for the diameter of the rod for the "J" bolts, easy to fabricate. The length of the rod would be determined by the size of the battery that you choose to use, I would suspect.

Also, what size is the angle iron, please? They look easy enough to make.

Thanks!

Thanks Don, the angle appears to be sheet metal and each side is 3/4". For the price @ $3.23 each it may be easier to buy them, part number 4900774-2590 from the invoice. Don is correct on the J bolts, would depend on your battery, I'm using 51R which duplicates the size of the original 2HN military battery. The original J bolt is 8" long from the bottom of the Bend and the bend is about 3/4" long.

Quote Originally Posted by m38inmaine View Post
    Thanks Don, the angle appears to be sheet metal and each side is 3/4". For the price @ $3.23 each it may be easier to buy them, part number 4900774-2590 from the invoice. Don is correct on the J bolts, would depend on your battery, I'm using 51R which duplicates the size of the original 2HN military battery. The original J bolt is 8" long from the bottom of the Bend and the bend is about 3/4" long.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I went to the Memphis site and was not able to find the frame, battery so maybe they are all gone. I can get some angle iron from the hardware store and make one I guess.

Thanks!

They never had them listed, you have to call and ask for them, they have a lot of M715 parts not listed such as these battery frames and the front bumper.

They never had them listed, you have to call and ask for them, they have a lot of M715 parts not listed such as these battery frames and the front bumper.
    Gotcha, thanks for the info. I will call them on Monday. Always better when you don't have to fabricate!

Have a great weekend.

Thanks again, I just got off of the phone with them. They have them listed under the FSN and have over 500 of them! They are ~ $5 each, so I ordered four just incase I mess one up.

Thanks again for that picture and yes, they have tons of stuff and are only a phone call away!