Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M715 Fuel Tank

Angry M715 Fuel Tank

Need to know how much a replacement fuel tank for an M715 is. Someone saw better need to have the one from ours at our museum and need a good replacement so we can run on more than a jerry can.

Do you have a fuel pickup in your jerry can? How are you doing it?

just have a tube running into a hole drilled into the top of the can. It is field expedient to say the least

Try Memphis Equipment maybe...dont think I have heard of replacement tanks out there though...

Might ve to have one made or see if someone is parting a truck out unfortunately...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

A couple of years ago when I rebuilt my truck, I looked to find a tank as mine had some surface rust inside. I never did find anything out there at any of the surplus suppliers. I ended up cleaning mine and sealing it.

In your case, fabricating or having one fabricated might be the best option. They are nothing more than a fairly square tank with the filler neck in the side and a sending unit in the top, along with one baffle running the length inside.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

I was looking for one a while back. I can't remember if it was Memphis Equipment or Vintage Power Wagon, one of them had replacement tanks that they had made. They were way more than I was willing to pay.
    A Zone member called Snuffy in Alabama was having one made this summer.
    He may be able to help.
    The tank is very basic. A good metal shop should be able to make one without asking a arm and a leg.
    Aluminum fuel cells are relatively affordable. Could be altered with TIG welding. It wouldn't look like stock but it would work.

When i asked Memphis Equipment about the cost of a tank, they quoted me.....$700!! Yikes. I managed to get it repaired, but I think I have a hotrodder build me a stainless steel one for less than half that!

Default M725 fuel tank??

Do the M715 and M725 use the same fuel tank? I know a guy local that has one might hit him up for a part if he has one.

i chose to build my own tank for clearance issues. my stocker was in fine shape. at the time (~6 months ago) it cost me 55 dollars for the .090" aluminum and about 4 hours of saturday to fit and weld the pieces. i have the fortunate luck of working in an awesome manufacturing/fab shop where we have CNC plasma and pressbrake to accomodate my plan, but if i had to pay for the material and the time to cut and form it i would still have only had maybe 200 bucks in the tank. then you just need to be able to weld alum, or have a buddy who can. here are a few pics

67 #18820 mostly stock...

According to the parts manual, all the trucks in the series use the same tank.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!