Thread: linear display mode default?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default linear display mode default?

So this has bugged me ever since I signed up...

I post a lot of links to the great tech here on FB, trying to combat the snapchat/instagram mentality. If you're not signed in, you get some weird view. I remember when I first got here trying to make sense of it, until I figured out the 'display modes' dropdown.

Why isn't the default 'linear', like every other Vbulletin forum in the world?

Really no skin off my nose, but I'd like to make this place as easy as possible for the "Oh, look, a squirrel!" crowd...

this is a great point...let me look at this a bit...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

I guess I have to search more...cant find any option to change this...dont see a setting anywhere to affect it universally....

I do see that in my userCP I can change it to different modes but mine is already set on linear...though it doesnt look like what you show the pic of...

Where did you change your setting and can you verify for me what you set it to?

THANKS!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Log out, then go back to the same page. It'll look like my pic, with the last post in a big window at the bottom. I just tried it on this thread...

You can change it to normal with the 'Display Modes V' dropdown on the right- if you know to do that, as a new user.

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...ode-for-guests

BTW, just to clarify...

I'm talking about people who have never been here before, just clicked a link. They get that weird mess I posted above.

They can change it with the dropdown, or sign up and change it in UserCP, but your average drive-by viewer won't know that.

And:
    How To Set Defaults for New and Existing Users
    But that's registered users, so I don't know if it has anything to do with guests...

Just to add to this I can say that I use tabbed browsing a lot. Sometimes when I search google it brings me to the "zone" in a new tab. Even if I'm already logged in on a different tab it will display the way Subybaja posted.

If it helps I mainly use Firefox in Linux as my OS. I have tried it in Windows though and have had the same results.

Try it now.