ForumsBasic TrainingOnline Maintenance ManualsThe M715 Zone Vin RegistryVPW's M715 Parts ListGalleriesLinks

Go Back   M715 Zone > Website Issues > Forum for questions and comments on the website.

Forum for questions and comments on the website. This board is open to non-registered users to post questions regarding the website and problems registering.

Old October 24th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Grand Poobah

brute4c is a Soldier
Default The Ultimate in pic-posting help

(Note: This was originally posted by Binford at the temp site while we were redoing the server stuff.)

Let's post this as a sticky where needed to help folks who are new to posting pics. I think the screenshots really help.

1. Okay.... You know where the pics are in your computer. Like in "My Pictures" or wherever.

2. With that in mind, go to: http://www.imageshack.us/

3. When the page opens, it will look like something like this:

4. First check the "resize image?" square as I have in the example. Then click on the drop-down menu arrow to the right of it and change it to "640x480 (for message boards)" as I also show in the example.

5. Next click that "Browse" button. A File Upload window will open up showing you thumbnails of the files in your computer. Find the picture you want to upload. When you find it, click once on the picture, just to highlight it, then click the "Open" button in that window. As you are ready to click the "Open" button, your screen will look something like this:

6. Once you have clicked the "Open" button, the File Upload window will close. Now you just click that "host it!" button on ImageShack and wait.

7. After ImageShack does its thing, your screen will look something like this:

8. You'll see a thumbnail of the pic you uploaded, in this example it's someone's tan M715. Just below the thumbnail you'll find a link for "Hotlink for forums (1)". Click once on that line to highlight it as shown below:

9. Once you have highlighted that link, copy it by pressing the "Ctrl" and "C" keys on your keyboard at the same time.

10. Next open the message box on the Zone where you would like to post the picture. You may type text in the box as you normally do to post on the Zone. When you are ready to insert the picture into the post, simply put the cursor where you want the picture to appear and paste it there by pressing the "Ctrl" and "V" keys on your keyboard at the same time. You may then continue writing text below the picture as well by typing below the pasted link.

11. Here's an example of including text with the picture of that tan truck. What I am writing here will appear above the truck. And here's that tan truck:

12. Now the text I am typing below that link will appear below the picture of the truck.

13. And here is a screen shot of how that message box looked as I typed that text above and below the picture of the truck:

14. A few points to keep in mind.... I find that ImageShack is often very slow, but be patient and success will be yours! Also, watch the file size of the picture you are posting. ImageShack limits it to 1.5 megabytes, but that is a huge file and will take a very long time to upload. I try to keep pics at around the 50kb size.

15. If any of you who have never posted pics before give these instructions a try and find something about them confusing, please send me a PM and I will try to clarify to make it easier for the next guy. My goal has been to make this as clear and complete, yet as simple, as possible. Any suggestions toward reaching that goal will be most welcome.

Happy pic-posting!
Old October 24th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Grand Poobah

brute4c is a Soldier

If you want to link to a picture that is online somewhere, not at Imageshack but just anywhere, you can do so by:

1. Copy the address of the picture from your browsers address bar OR right click on the picture and select:

Firefox: Copy link location
Internet Explorer: Copy shortcut

2. Make a new post here at the site and right click in the posting text box and select paste to paste that address into the posting text box.

3. You will need to put the following code before the link you just pasted: [img]
You will need to put the following code after the link you just pasted: [/img]
So your link should look something like this:
[img]link to the pic here[/img]
Where the "link to the pic here" part is replaced by the actual link to the pic. Leave no spaces between the [img] and [/img] tags.

EXAMPLE: Here is a link to a pic we have on our server just to demonstrate:

http://www.m715zone.com/jonmisc/fun/test.jpg

To display that as an image, type:

[img]http://www.m715zone.com/jonmisc/fun/test.jpg[/img]

And here is what that code will do:

Hope that helps...Enjoy!
Old November 29th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Private

Tarbush 8 is a Soldier
Default Website

Keep working this site as it's still dumping respond messages into cyber space and putting you out of the website.
Old November 29th, 2008, 02:48 PM

Binford is a Soldier

Excuse me....? Your tone sounds a little pushy there. Hopefully I just read it wrong.

Sounds like it may be a connectivity issue on your end. I haven't experienced anything like that and haven't heard complaints from others about it either. Anyone?

Old November 29th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Grand Poobah

brute4c is a Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarbush 8 View Post
Keep working this site as it's still dumping respond messages into cyber space and putting you out of the website.

Are you having a problem with m715zone.com OR a site where you are hosting images?

I really cat understand what exactly is the problem but i its something here on our site, I want to fix it!
Old November 29th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Private

jeepdriver99 is a Soldier

I just tried it and it worked like a charm. Great instructions even though the screens have changed somewhat, ALL the information you've posted is there and I had no trouble with it whatsoever.
Old November 30th, 2010, 08:40 PM

Binford is a Soldier

Thanks for the report, JD99! They keep changing things so often and it basically requires starting the instructions from scratch to keep up. I appreciate knowing that it is still useful.

Old December 1st, 2010, 06:52 AM
Private 1st Class

Pineyguy is a Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdriver99 View Post
I just tried it and it worked like a charm. Great instructions even though the screens have changed somewhat, ALL the information you've posted is there and I had no trouble with it whatsoever.
X2. I used it the other day for the first time in a while, if anything, I think the layout is a little better, and it seemed to upload quicker than the last time
I used it. Just have to remember to resize before you hit "Upload"
Old April 2nd, 2014, 08:02 PM
Private

antonio is a Soldier

Hello, query, it happens that I can not upload images to imageshack.com?
Thank you.
Old April 3rd, 2014, 07:42 AM

Binford is a Soldier

I would try Photobucket.com then. I haven't used Imageshack for several years.

Tags
None