Thread: MVPA convention rules help please.

Default MVPA convention rules help please.

The MVPA convention is in Louisville, KY this year. It's June 14-16th.

When I was at another local show, I was invited to display my truck at the MVPA show. I was all excited. Does anyone know the rules?

So, I have to join MVPA for $50/yr and then pay $30 for the convention in order for them to show my truck? Is that right? lol Oh, plus $8 a day to park my car...get's kind of expensive.

If I hang a for sale sign on it, it's another $75.

Am I looking at this the wrong way?
    Thanks for all the help!

So your at $88 to go to a show that comes to town once a decade?

Free admission for show cars is only car show I'll ever go to.
    67' M715/5.9 Cummins/ZF5/NP205

Well you can get an electronic membership which is like $35.00 and you'll get Supply Line and Army Motors in electronic version, but IMHO the electronic versions suck. You don't get to download a PDF like MV Mag does. No you have to go to the MVPA website and log in and then view it with their weird viewer which makes reading in in the reading room on my Kindle a real pain. But yes you're reading everything correctly. Then they wring their hands and wonder why membership is down. Oh and if you complain about anything or make suggestions for improvement you are ignored.
    Zone holster maker

$35's not too bad. I may look into that. I also don't plan on going to any dinners, shows, distillery tours...etc. Just the vehicle display. Thanks for the ideas!!
    Thanks for all the help!

I plan on being there with my M715, it is well worth the money to join and go to the show. There are always tons of vehicles to look at and plenty of vendors to browse through to find parts or military gear. I try and go anytime that it is close enough that I can trailer down my truck. Last year at the show in Cleveland I brought both my M715 and M725. Unfortunately my buddy who helped trailer my M725 finished his M37 and wants to take it this year, so the M725 will stay at home.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

For me, knowing more Brethren are going makes it worth while! Thank you!
    Thanks for all the help!

Last night, I went to the local MVPA meeting. I was totally amazed with what the local Kilroy chapter has done to create the convention. I had no idea of the magnitude of what will be going on! Holy cow!! See you there!!
    Thanks for all the help!

Sounds like it will be a good time!!
    Jonnie