Thread: Sealed Beam Spot Light

Default Sealed Beam Spot Light

My spot light above the cab isn't working and I am guessing the sealed beam is bad. I will check it first to make sure there is continuity. It is a GE and the only marking I see is M79. It is about 5.5 inches and has a 2 wire connector on the back. It is held by rusty clips that I will have to figure out how to replace.
    I can't seem to find a 5.5. I found plenty of 4.5 (airplane 28V) but no 5.5

Any vendors that specialize in these? Also, I noticed there is a fan above the driver that has a loose wire not going anywhere. Were these part of the set up or did someone just add it?

Thanks in advance....Having a blast with this truck. Drove it 90 miles today without a hiccup. Sweet spot is about 43mph.
    Ray
    67 M725 & 83 FJ60

I have the head w/bulb for the spot light I will check to see if the bulb is good.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminc914 View Post
    My spot light above the cab isn't working and I am guessing the sealed beam is bad. I will check it first to make sure there is continuity. It is a GE and the only marking I see is M79. It is about 5.5 inches and has a 2 wire connector on the back. It is held by rusty clips that I will have to figure out how to replace.
    I can't seem to find a 5.5. I found plenty of 4.5 (airplane 28V) but no 5.5

Any vendors that specialize in these? Also, I noticed there is a fan above the driver that has a loose wire not going anywhere. Were these part of the set up or did someone just add it?

Thanks in advance....Having a blast with this truck. Drove it 90 miles today without a hiccup. Sweet spot is about 43mph.
    Check out http://www.saturnsurplus.com/ under their bulbs tab. That is where I got mine. It is known as a PAR46 light bulb and has a military part number of MS18005-4530. You can always google the part number to find other vendors that carry it.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

I have the head and base that came with my M725, the bulb tests good but has some rubbing on the glass from rolling around in the back.
    Attached Images Attached Images

this looks different than the set up I have. The lens seems to be the same.I think my housing is different. Mine has a ring around the lens held with 1 Phillips screw. The lens sits inside the housing held by a few metal clips. If the lens is about 5.5 inches and has 2 screw in tabs in the back, then it will work. What do you want for it? I am in Zip 49401. Thanks..
    Ray
    67 M725 & 83 FJ60

Mine does not have a lense, just the bulb held in place by the outer ring held on with 3 screws. It does measure 5.5". You can have it for the price of shipping if you want it, would be around $12.

Sounds good. I will send you a PM with my shipping info and please reply back to me with either a paypal account or an address to send the money. Thank you
    Ray
    67 M725 & 83 FJ60

It will ship Wednesday, hope you can make use of it.