Thread: Nice 67 M truck still in fire service

Default Nice 67 M truck still in fire service

I had to run up to a new fire station in our area today. I heard they had a M715 there. Sure enough, a sweet 1967. I could not find the serial number and we looked through some of the paperwork for the VIN. It was listed as no VIN. The plaque was removed but the paperwork showed 1967. I pointed out where the VIN should be stamped. I took a couple pictures after getting my work done. Nice truck as is every M truck.

Pretty cool.

How many miles on that bad boy?

I forgot to look. I was searching for the VIN and the chief came over and we started digging through the glove box paperwork to try and find it. I just might buy him a W/winch plaque and find the number on the frame and stamp it. I'd have to look at the registry for a month estimate. If I do that I will check mileage. I did not see any rust anywhere. He said he was having trouble keeping the air cleaner on. You can see the turn buckles holding it down.

That interior paint is same color as mine was when I got it. Repainted whole thing that color. Came from NC USFS after it's military time. Wonder if it went to USFS first?
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.

You are so lucky...what a find!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

It is not mine Jon. Wish it was though. Dp I will have to ask about previous service. I know the chief very well and he might know.

Yeah, I caught it want yours but its been so long since I found one out of the blue that I almost have forgotten what thats like...its a good feeling....lucky you!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

The air cleaner needs to be properly clocked to lock down, should be the word "front" with a dot below it painted white, should also be a rubber gasket on top of the carb, otherwise it won't lock down, even with it all correct I have found it tricky to get it just right. As said nice find, thanks for sharing.

Good info there. I will tell them that especially about the gasket. I drove by their station twice today, but nobody was there. I bought them a new serial number plaque for their truck. With winch of course. I have number stamps. I just need to find the serial number. Les the chief mentioned that the serial number was somewhere in the paperwork. But all we found said No VIN. I will fix that.