Thread: Electromagnetic Pulse

Blog Entries

Default Electromagnetic Pulse

Since I dropped the LS1 in my truck I've been concerned in the back of my mind about having an ECU now in a vehicle that may be called upon in a bugout senario.

Check this out ... just found it online. Very cool.

https://www.empshield.com

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Interesting. I thought Faraday cages were required for EMP protection. What do I know. I will read further tonight. One of the sites I have used for a very long time now to see that the sun is doing, is this one. Often information is here before it ever gets reported as a warning if even at all.

https://www.solarham.net/

It seems to say it stops emp originating from the grid or from your home...it doesnt seem to me to cover an emp from the sun...which, like kaiserjeeps said, I thought one needed a faraday cage to protect against...

More reading coming up...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Blog Entries

I was going to wrap the ECU in lead sheeting like our USAF field computers were in the 80's. That would work for sure. Saw this and got excited.

"What is an EMP Shield?

The EMP Shield is electromagnetic pulse, Solar Flare, and lightning protection system designed to exceed the requirements of MIL-STD-188-125-1 for shunting over-voltage spikes."

https://www.empshield.com/frequently-asked-questions/

Vehicle installation Guide: https://www.empshield.com/wp-content...ns-03AUG20.pdf
    Last edited by teking; May 2nd, 2021 at 05:41 PM.

EMP's are why I went back to traditional wind-up watches. At least when the world goes dark I will know what time it is.

I'm not saying I'm skeptical or anything, but I have a hard time trusting a device that I cannot function test until its too late. Grab a spare ECU and faraday cage it, although claims have been that basic automotive computer electronics won't be affected by EMP. Not sure what to believe except that only a bicycle is EMP proof

Quote Originally Posted by kwai View Post
    EMP's are why I went back to traditional wind-up watches. At least when the world goes dark I will know what time it is.
    By the time the wind up portion of the watch matters, time won't matter. Sun rise and sun set will be the most effective clock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    I'm not saying I'm skeptical or anything, but I have a hard time trusting a device that I cannot function test until its too late. Grab a spare ECU and faraday cage it, although claims have been that basic automotive computer electronics won't be affected by EMP. Not sure what to believe except that only a bicycle is EMP proof

By the time the wind up portion of the watch matters, time won't matter. Sun rise and sun set will be the most effective clock

That and it only takes forgetting to wind it ONCE ..... then what do you use to set it by?