Thread: Brake Pedal Return Spring

Default Brake Pedal Return Spring

I give up.

I have have stared at the pictures in the manual for two days and I still can't figure out how the return spring fits. It looks like the bottom of the spring hooks to the brake pedal where the push rod connects to the brake pedal. Where does the top of the spring connect? If someone could scan the manual illustration and mark in red where it hooks, that would be a help. Or just a really detailed description! After a brake job, my spring has disappeared or is lost somewhere!

Help!
    Thanks
    Dan

I'm not positive, but I think the return spring fits around a rounded post off the pedal assembly, and the other end hooks to a slot/hole in the dash bracing that is located directly above the pedal assembly. It's been awhile since I worked on the brakes, and I'm not presently at home to check, but take a look for a round hole or slot in the sheet metal above the pedal assembly (when the pedal is in the returned position).

In the thick upside down U channel that the pedal drops down from...up inside of it bove the pedal, there is a piece of metal that makes a kind of V up in there that sticks down toward the pedal. The spring hooks to that.

It is a pain...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

brute3c is correct, however if you have to set a brake light swqitch in between (The original stuff is not the very best to my experiance) you can hook it also to any bolt in the nearer vincinity and do not have to stuck to the original lockation.
    Wolf
    It works for me for more than 28 years for I changed to a two ciruit brake sysrtm for safety.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf.dose View Post
    brute3c is correct,...
    Demotion?

In regards to it being a pain, I agree whole-heartedly. Wear some gloves to save your knuckles, and use a screwdriver through the spring eye to gain some leverage. Those springs are stiff!