Thread: M725 Carburator

Default M725 Carburator

Truck runs fine at idle, as soon as I let the clutch out it back fires. Same thing happens shifting into 3rd and 4th on the road. I just had the head machined and replaced all the valves and springs, new gaskets, etc. What should the timing be at for what RPM? Thanks in advance

By machined do you mean planed ? The manual states not to have the head surfaced as it makes the timing chain loose, you may have a timing/chain issue.

Question

Ive always wondered if you have the head surfaced if you shimmed up the cam deck would there be enough adjustment in the rocker arm to compensate for the added height. Also would there be any hp increase Maybe i should just leave well enough alone. If it aint broke leave it be. Thank you for your time. AJH

I moved the thread to stock tech since that is what it is.

Check ignition timing. The truck will idle great with some really crazy advance or retard in the timing. Then, do what you are describing.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw