Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shocks

I run Monroe,Never had a problem,Yes they are gas filled , costly, but they are guaranteed for life,as long as you have the receipt.

I had procomp shocks on my F250 twice. They didn't last 20k miles. And I found the Rancho's rode better and lasted longer.

Anyone with part numbers for front shocks? Not looking to buy anything expensive...something comparable to stock and reasonably priced. NAPA numbers or any numbers that will work at the auto supply stores would be appreciated!

One member said these worked on his stock truck:
    Napa#94009 and #94080

Another member has posted:
    The shock part number for a J-truck that will work on an M-715 is RS9118.

Brute, those two numbers you provided 94009 and 94080 - are they two different numbers that will work or are they left and right or?
    These are for the front, correct? Thanks!

I think those numbers were front and rear...and I dont have a record of which is which.

When I did mine, I ordered 4 shocks, all the same and put them in...though I dont have the part number on mine anymore...others say you need different ones in the front versus the rear...

Quote Originally Posted by kwai View Post
    I had procomp shocks on my F250 twice. They didn't last 20k miles. And I found the Rancho's rode better and lasted longer.
    What series were you using? This is odd because Pro-Comp and Rancho shocks are the same, just valved different. They are all made by the same company - Teneco (sp?). I know the Pro-Comp 1000 series shock are garbage as they are the lowest model they have but we use the 9000 series procomps and the ride is better than Rancho and I have never had to warranty a set out and we have sold at least 500 sets over the years.