Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: These trucks can pull.

Default These trucks can pull.

Cleaned up some storm damage yesterday and was left with 5 chunks of a big white oak too big for use as firewood. A John Deere 950 mostly spun trying to drag-it. Hooked up to the truck in low-range, 4wd and drove off up the hill into the woods, nary a spin or a strain!

Ive pulled several people out of ditches with the 725 and never even spun a tire most of the time. we had one truck stuck so bad, 3 other trucks tryed and couldnt get it unstuck and they called me ( freeby's) so I went down there and backed up to him in about 2 ft of mud and hooked up and snatched him out fairly easy even though he was on the frame but not before covering his truck with mud.
    in Iowa at the fe, I pulled a toyota pu thru some mud and didnt even know he was behind me. LOL!

I pulled a 1965 GMC school bus full ofengin blocks a layer deep and sheet metal above that up an incline with the inner tires on the dually flat...oh, it was sittin in a muddy hole...we guesstimated 25,000 pounds...never spun a tire even though I was on gravel...though the rear tires look almost like wrinkle walls:

http://www.m715zone.com/jonmisc/brute4c1.avi

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    I pulled a 1965 GMC school bus full ofengin blocks a layer deep and sheet metal above that up an incline with the inner tires on the dually flat...oh, it was sittin in a muddy hole...we guesstimated 25,000 pounds...never spun a tire even though I was on gravel...though the rear tires look almost like wrinkle walls:

http://www.m715zone.com/jonmisc/brute4c1.avi
    wasnt that with the stock engine too?

Yep.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Good combination of torque and gearing makes all the difference in the world.......

its been awhile since Ive seen that video and it just squatted and snatched it right out

Yeah...I worked with a lady who was born with one arm...she was a typist and a good one...real nice. So when she told me that they needed to move this on their property I was intrigued...they have horses and they anted to put a barn where this bus had been sitting forever..the horses needed a home for the winter...a good cause.

Then came the just gotta try part...

I told her I have this old Army truck that could probbly pull it out...she tells me that a Dodge Cummins diesel, 3/4 ton, just sat spinning and never moved it...wellllllll....really? I'll get it out...Saturday ok?

So I head over Saturday...the first part of the vid is me hooked to the bus with the chain that the Cummins used...busted it right in half...so they got out the big chain and poof!

I had told her "Sure, it'll pull it right out...you can hear them saying it as I'm driving it away...neither of them believed it was gonna happen.

So...a couple years later, our station wagon throws a rod...I go to the local engine rebuilder for a decent motor...not some tired used junkyard motor...talk to the guy a bit...end up with a nice short block with a big discount...why?

The engine blocks in the bus...they are his...in fact, its his bus...the young lady I worked with is his daughter....

Jiust cause I figured I had a way to help a nice person...what a deal eh?

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    Just cause I figured I had a way to help a nice person...what a deal eh?
    Helping others always comes around in return. Especially if its done in good faith......

My son parked his moms ford festiva on a hill in 4th gear (thought it was in 1st) so it rolls down hill with him holding on to the bumper ( very funny sight) i scream "let go" he did and it rolled over a near vertical 15 ft embankment and smacked a tree crunching it pretty good. he was all worried about paying for a two truck and especially what his mother was gonna do to him for crunchin her "Baby".
    i said you silly goose, go get the M715. so with two tow straps and a length of chain we get it hooked up. I told him hop in there put it in 4 low and just side step the clutch and give it a bit of gas and dont stop til i wave my arms. well he went about 10 ft and stopped cuz he thought it had come unhooked.... ok child follow instructions, pop the clutch and go, it yarded that little turd of a car out without even takin a deep breath

now all he had to do is worry about what his mom was gonna do to him