Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: whats the storage compartment under the bed?

We have a pic somewhere of an M715 on Korea in which a couple soldiers died...it is very bullet ridden.

It was part of the recent magazine article. I will see if I can find it.

Thanks for posting the link for me...I've been outside busting my back.

I thought Marines were bulletproof and all they need to kill the enemy is their bare hands.

Default Stock Jack

Glad this thread got resurrected. Anyone have the stock jack? Never saw one. What will work from a commercial standpoint and still fit the compartment? You need alotta lift just to reach the axle!!

A 48 inch hi-lift jack will fit. I keep a foot by foot piece of ¼ inch steel for a base under the jack for soft ground.

I have seen a stock jack...wish I would have known at the time...its kind of a bottle jack size core with a piece on top that rotates around with a tire iron instead of a pump. The center had a screw up post like a bottle jack.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn View Post
    I thought Marines were bulletproof and all they need to kill the enemy is their bare hands.
    We are, but we still don't like getting hit with a 7.62 because they can cause a scratch and we can get an infection. That could keep us out of the next fight, but not likely.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    I have seen a stock jack...wish I would have known at the time...its kind of a bottle jack size core with a piece on top that rotates around with a tire iron instead of a pump. The center had a screw up post like a bottle jack.
    I will try to remember to post a picture of a couple jacks I have kicking around the shop in the coming days.

The jack you describe sounds very much like one that I have, but its actually a jack for moving a house! Same idea though, and its about the right height for a 715 axle.

A friend used to have all shapes and sizes of those kind of jacks and I grabbed a couple of the smallest.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Maybe something like this?

Or like this ?