Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What turned you on to the M715

Default What turned you on to the M715

I was just curious why you loved your M715 so much. I did not know there was such a following until I finally got mine. We have used them on the ranch for about 15 years. It was my "daily driver" for many years, then we got some newer trucks and it was demoted to winter feeding duty. Then it was put in the boneyard to support the other M715 we still use. As a kid my friends and I used to play in the mountains in them. I also taught my youngest sister to drive in this M-715, and I don't know how many elk I have hauled home in it. I plan on keeping it a long time. My wife is even starting to like it. Last weekend it was her idea to "lets take the jeep out." She is really going to like it once it has a 400hp cummins in it I guess it has a sentimental value to me.

I like my trucks so much, because the M715 is a heavy duty, full size convertible pick-up truck. I like "open air" travel, and it's a bonus that the windshield folds down too.

It also helps that I think they have good aesthetic value. I probably first saw an M715 in about '75 and thought it was a "cool" looking truck. Always thought to get one one day, and later found it to be a useful farm vehicle.

Could'nt afford an m37! Glad I got the 15 instead,more of everything including seating space.

I recall the evening i stumbled onto a m715..

I was at my dad hunting camp riding his 4wheeler around the property checking out the area and checking the feed stands. Everything was cool because it was at dusk/dark time so all the hunters came in.. After that we were having a bonfire and I decided to go ride around the camp area and ended up behind what looked like an old camp site but it was full of old pvc pipe and plant pots. I didnt even realize the mound of weeds I was driving by had a old bronco and an old rotten truck sittin there..

SO next morning I went back and discovered that the old truck sitting there had J E E P across the tailgate.. NO WAY I thought, ive been a diehard jeep cj/yj/xj fanatic for sometime then I cut through the weeds and saw the huge axles underneath..I had to find out what it was. Found out it was an old m715 rotting away and the farmer wouldnt let me "clean" up his property.

EVER SINCE that day I was bound and determine to find one. Found out what they pack and what they were used for. and finally got mine for a hell of a deal. Or atleast I think i did. Jeeps are the only vehicle in my eyes that are in a league of there own..then take a jeep and build the snot out of it and put a bed on it and fold down windsheild and top..*DROOL* nothing is cooler than these. PLUS you dont just see these everyday runnin around. These are BUILT JEEP TUFF and when I drive mine around the neighborhood and guys see it, the expression on there face is JEEP ENVY!!! Cant beat that..

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Back in the late '70's my grandad had a welding shop, and someone had just bought an M715 and brought it to him to have some repairs done. I didn't know what it was other than a Jeep pickup, with a soft top, but I knew I loved the way it looked and someday I'd get one. It only took me nearly 30 years!

I've always been a fan of the J-series trucks, and bought my J-10 Honcho in 1984.

I saw my M725 on ebay - and it looked so pathetic and run down in the woods of Wisconsin. I thought that with the "same" front end as the J-trucks, it would have a lot of interchangeable parts, and that it was a cool find.

Now, of course, I still have my J-truck, but have added 2 725s, 2 715s, and another J-truck. I think the disease is taking hold.

715s have their own mystique, the soft (or no) top, foldable windshield, tie downs, exposed fuel filler - everything promotes "built tough". I can't wait to get a 715 painted up to match my 725.
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

I always liked the full-size Jeeps and when I saw an M715, I thought it was the ugliest (in a good way) and unique trucks I had ever seen and I had to have one....

they are tough looking. topless and fold down windshield is awesome. they are full size, yet still have that JEEP name that implies tough and unstopable. they are stone axe simple. and best of all they are easy to modify. and like has been said, you don't see them all that often, so its a conversation starter. i like to be odd, so it fits me
    ryan

About 10 years ago, I was looking through Vintage Power Wagons' catalog for some parts for my '47 Power Wagon, when I saw this ad...

I remember thinking how tough that M715 looked in the picture. Then I saw Chads M715 on the show "Trucks" and I was very impressed. What really did it for me was when Spicergear took his truck to Top Truck Challenge in 2005. I had to have one after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Then I saw Chads M715 on the show "Trucks" and I was very impressed.
    I just caught the very end of that episode... and i researched it a little and one came up in acton on ebay....
    Being the little brat that i am... that was my project truck for me and my dad.
    -SuPaFrEaK-