Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody have a picture of there divorced 205 bracket

Default Anybody have a picture of there divorced 205 bracket

Looking for a few pictures to get an idea of a bracket i can use for a divorced 205 transfer case. It has an automatic transmission in it

DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.

Thanks for posting those DP. I can’t access my pictures right now. But, I did make a video about going from a NP200 to a NP205 that shows the mounts:

https://youtu.be/hV9iupNHXMI?si=NH5HO5_3ZyA3Rss-
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I can show what I did for an International 32 spline 205. I used a 12 ton bearing press and it was all that press could do to bend the plates. I stood behind plywood with a face shield in fear of something letting go with all that stored energy. I very frequently bend and fabricate brackets on the press with several different steel pieces to make what I need. I just made buick 350 motor mount plates and welded them on last night. Anyway here is what I did for the 205. I used a digital level to get it set at the correct and same angle as the transmission for hopefully vibration free running. I have a dodge divorced 205 sitting here and it has mounting holes in a different location on the case. Lastly the aftermarket mount on the lower cover gets used on every 205 I install. I machined up metal bushings for welding mock up. I bought it from DIY4x.com
    https://diy4x.com/product.php?productid=17683

Hope this helps..

Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Show off!

That looks great Al.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Thank you.. Thats a big help

Thanks for all the pictures and video’s guys.. i appreciate it

Ha ha.. If I were really showing off, I would have posted everything all black and almost shiney. Lots of stuff getting painted now. The transfer case is all rebuilt and painted too. Glad to be back on it...

Do you have a slide in your drive shaft.

Not in the short intermediate driveshaft between the transmission and transfer case. I am using an OEM M715 shaft with the smaller U-joints. There is not enough room for a slip unit. I do wish that I had gotten a 1410 or a 1350 U-joint short intermediate driveshaft made. Because now that is the weak point in my drivetrain. Maybe later after the truck is running and I feel like spending a lot of money. My driveshafts were way expensive. If the NP205 were farther away from the transmission, a slip joint driveshaft could be used I suppose. I forgot to mention I used a digital protractor to set up the transfer case at the exact same running angle as the transmission. To hopefully eliminate any chance of vibrations. Good luck with your build...