I found an M715 locally last week that it's really good shape, and I'm getting started on restoring it as close as possible to original. I've been digging around this forum as much as I can and on some other sites, but I still have several questions. I don't want to clog up the forum with a bunch of threads, so I'll just put them all here for anyone who has any input.

1. What's the best source for body/cab hardware? I'm finding drivetrain parts, but noone seems to have seats, bumpers, canvas tops, grills, etc in stock. I'm also wondering what the best source is for the original axe/shovel gear that mounts on the bed.

2. How did the original tailgate latch? This truck just has a random carabiner clipped on to hold it shut.

3. Has anyone swapped 4.56 gears into one of these with the stock engine, and does it help make the truck more driveable at highway speeds? I have a set that came with the truck and am debating putting them in. Tires are the original size.

4. Where/how were the batteries originally mounted on these? This truck has aftermarket seats and the batteries are in plastic boxes behind the seats.

5. Does the 230 engine share the same exhaust manifold as the commercial AMC/Jeep straight 6 engines? I think this one is leaking or cracked and I'm wondering if a header for a CJ7 would fit.

Thanks in advance for any advice.