At this point in life, I'm not really loving carbeurated engines after being spoiled by fuel injection on every vehicle I've owned for like the last thirty years. The vintage quadrajet carb I have now needs work, runs rich and isn't really that easy for me to tune. I'm considering pulling the trigger on a self tuning EFI system for my mostly-stock mid 70's SBC 350 in the ambulance. I'm looking at the FiTech Go Street 400hp kit.

Yes, I know the 21st century circuitry in this set up means the ambulance won't be running after an EMP attack, but the on-line user testimonials about these systems reliability, immediate starting, self tuning attributes, less unburnt fuel out the tail pipe and maybe even a little boost in fuel efficiency sounds compelling enough to overlook the post EMP failure.

I know fuel delivery is a key part of these systems working well. I'm still using the stock M725 tank and I installed a return bulkhead fitting into the top of the tank when it was out of the vehicle. I'm reading that the in tank EFI pump crowd says thats the only way to go, but thats more of a commitment than I wanted to make as it involves a big new hole in the tank and sinking lot of stuff and parts inside the tank - so I'm considering using a engine compartment mounted FiTech G-surge pump and sump system for EFI fuel delivery.

Any experience with the self tuning EFI setups out there? Looks like there are 8-10 manufacturers making them now.

This is what I'm considering: https://www.summitracing.com/oh/parts/fif-33003

Cheers,
Bryce