Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: The 396-6.2 swap project

Thanks again for all the help and the part Chris. When I had it at the Rally, I mentioned the booster came from you. I didn't realize how much of a celebrity in the online MV world you are. Everybody had to look at the booster then.

I guess it is fitting that I mounted it upside down since you seem to be most famous for rolling the M35.

Sorry, I had to add that in.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Here is the tailgate with what I thought was over spray and in reality was soot:

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

So did you ever put an exhaust tip on or is this happening because the exhaust dumps below the box?

I was noticing something similar on the outside of my tailgate. It must be soot now that I see that. but I have a tip that brings my exhaust out well past the box. Maybe I need to check for leaks in my exhaust.

Mine exits behind the tire but inside the fender well. I have a meeting to get to, but there is a picture from the past month of how I left the exhaust in this thread. I will look for it later.

This one?

It doesn't look like it goes out far enough to clear the body. I would suspect the exhaust gets pushed back under the bed while driving at warp speed.

Quote Originally Posted by jeeper View Post
    warp speed.

A M715 going down the hwy is a warp at speed. Dont they all have a warped body panel somewhere?

That is the picture. I honestly haven't even thought about messing with it some more. I need to though.

We have a Scout leader meeting 30 miles away tonight. Colton and I are going to take the 6.2 for its first highway drive without a trailer. I am really looking forward to how it drives.

Yes, warp speed can be taken many ways. I hitched a ride across country with a guy who drove a Scout 30 years ago while in the military. We started driving and around 48 mph it started shaking. (What I now know is death wobble.) He slowed down and held it at 45 mph, turned to me and said in his best Scottish voice "We are giving her all she's got Capt., we are holding Warp speed." I got the Star Trek reference and we drove 1200 miles that way in the winter with no working heater. Fun trip.

So he drove a Scout 30 years ago while in the military? I didn't know they drove Scouts in the military....
    Live like you will die tomorrow. Dream like you will live forever!!!

No. I was trying to get from Ft. Hood to Fort Wayne, Indiana. A fellow soldier had a Scout and was going that direction. I rode with him. We did ride in a M151 from the tank park to where the Scout was parked though.

That help?

I didn't get to make the trip last night. 2 other Scouts and a Leader wanted to come along. So, we only got to do about 5 miles each way to and from someones house where we rode with them. It did take very little throttle to hold 60 mph and didn't feel the hills though. I like it!

I need to take Allen 8 12.00-20 tires I picked up from "Soldier B" a few months ago and have been storing in the back of the Whistler for him. Maybe I can get them to fit in the M715 and make the 100 mile round trip to him this weekend.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post

I need to take Allen 8 12.00-20 tires I picked up from "Soldier B" a few months ago and have been storing in the back of the Whistler for him. Maybe I can get them to fit in the M715 and make the 100 mile round trip to him this weekend.
    They should fit. I had 12 Michelin 11.00X20's with tubes and flaps in the back of my 2500 Dodge extended cargo van. It made all sorts of neat noises that it never did before that when you hit any bumps.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™