It fired right up this morning with 2 seconds of 24 volts to the 12 volt glow plugs. We let it run for a few minutes and then I showed a student how to use the camera. Here is the engine running smoke free and sounding good:

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edi...id=eK7l7ejjGu0

Sorry about the back ground noise but the other classes in the building were complaining about the diesel smell and I had to turn on some fans.

The video was taken with the number 3 glow plug un threaded, but stuck in the bore. I ended up clamping a vise grip to the plug and used a slide hammer with a hook on the end attached to the vice grip. A few gentle whacks and it came on out.

I have one more class that will want to hear it run. Then we will start to strip off the exhaust manifolds, intake, HMMWV pulleys, pull the pan, new rear main seal, new pan gasket, new front seal, new balancer, clean everything, paint it all black, new valve cover silicone, swap IP covers and then it all back together again.

I will only have to buy a flywheel, clutch, pressure plate and exhaust stuff. Plus, new power steering hoses, make new fuel supply and return lines, rig up a water seperator, oil cooler and lines and probably about 15 other things before the truck will be ready to drive.

The student that broke the front wheel cylinder line is going to learn how to make a new one this afternoon as well. That should finish the front brake redo. Then on to whatever we find in the rears.

Forgot about the wiring! Make the truck a 12/24 vehicle. Should be all done Friday. I just don't know which Friday.