Thread: front wheel well height? for a stock truck.

Default front wheel well height? for a stock truck.

can someone measure their wheel well in the front and tell me the height? I took the 13 leaf front springs out my truck, and the front end is sitting 44 inches off the ground at the top of the wheel well, just wonderng if thats right with a winch on the front.

Thanks

Duane

Hey Duane,
    Just went out to the truck and measured from the floor to the crest or center of the fender flare, the highest point...Front 42 3/8" Rear 44 3/4". I do not have NDT tires but what is on the truck is a stock size. I do have a winch. Hope this helps...Ken
    Thanks for all the help!

thats what I was wondering, I took out the overbuilt front springs, and lost four inches of height, it seemed low at 44 inches in the front, didnt do the rear yet, but willl start that next week. but i guess 44inches in the front is right there.

Thanks

Duane

and what did you replace them with?
    B Co 1/504 PIR 82nd ABN

I had another pair of stock fronts, when my fire dept built my truck into a brush truck, they took 4 front springs, doubled up the leaves, and made 2 springs, 13 leaves later it rode higher and very rough, we still had another stock set so I put them in, I now need to take apart the rears and take leaves out, since i dont have another set of them.

Duane