Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the storage area behind the cab for?

Default What's the storage area behind the cab for?

You know, under the bed. Has a flip up lid on both sides. For traction panels or something? A cannon barrel? I keep rust in mine.

Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

We were told it was for the 'cargo' cover and 'bows', this from my old motor pool sgt, however Jon said he found info that it's for tools, or such I THINK? It's for whatever YOU want to put there, I guess.

The link I posted has the info from the -10 maunual that showsits a tool storage compartment...though it most certainly can be used, and has been used by most if not all of us, for other uses...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

I just read the 6 pages in the link and I haver a question? the manual ( wich I also have but havent realy read) says that the lug wrench gets stored in the compt, but the lug wrench that we have pics of with the bent handle, wil in now way fit in there, in my tool compt, I found part of a lug wrend, it is about 2 feet long with a one inch end to fit on the lug nut, but the shaft is an octagon with a point at the end, when I bring it to work and clean it up, I will post a pic. is it possible this is the wrench that goes in the compt??

Duane

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    Well 12 packs do fit nicely but so do Hi-lift jacks...you make the call...

I'll be keeping a Hi lift in mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammered View Post
    I'll be keeping a Hi lift in mine.
    Just make sure that when it comes time to use it, you haven't got the truck pinned up tight in the trees or a narrow rock crevice, because you won't be able to extract the jack out of the box.

It's where I keep my bow saw to cut up body parts small enough to fit in there.... Nobody thinks a body will fit in that little box.

oops, did I just type that out loud?

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by MarknessMonster View Post
    Just make sure that when it comes time to use it, you haven't got the truck pinned up tight in the trees or a narrow rock crevice, because you won't be able to extract the jack out of the box.
    Exactly. Wherever you get stuck, just be sure its in a spot where you have at least 48-54" of clearance to the sides.

Oh, and Flatlines.......a small chainsaw fits and works better........
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Travel to the trail with the hi lift in there...throw it in the bed for the trail rides...that is my way...