Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After Market Wheels

Default After Market Wheels

Hello!

Just baught my first M715 and am looking for a set of aftermarket wheels that will bolt up to the stock truck. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!!

Scott McGinnis

Almost forgot. Here is a link for the Ebay listing, where I got the Truck. She should be here later this week!!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Marsh Racing Wheels is one place people get wheels made...good quality and low price. stockton Wheels in California has a Power Wagon Special that has the same bolt pattern as ours...more cost...

Diamond Wheels in Milwaukee has in the past made any size and width members have wanted...up to 22.5's even...price was more than MRW but being you are close enough to pick them up, shipping savings might make it very worth it.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

The most popular tire after the stock NDT in 900-16 is to upgrade to the Michelin XL or XZL tires in 1100-16. These are radial tires that fit on the stock wheels. And the larger diameter and tread pattern is much better for highway driving. In the 900-16 tire size the super-lug tire is really good. Lot's of guys also run the super swampers but their road manners are notoriously poor compared to XL and XZL's.

XL's are really good in the mud and work great on a stock truck because the rounded tread pattern is easier to turn without power steering.

Your truck is in Texas. Are you shipping it to chicago or driving it?

Default driving or towing the truck to chicago ill ????

dont know how you are getting the truck home but if you try to drive it you will fry the transfer case . driving the truck at 50 mph or more will really do a number on the t case . and if towing with the front up and rear down take the rear drive shaft out because your tcase is still turning . dont want you to screw up you new purchase .

Im having a transport company bring the truck up. I asked that question as more of a way to find out how road worthy this truck really is. I never did intend to make that trip lol.

A properly prepared truck could easily drive that far. Not an unreasonable question. But it would be a slow trip. Many of us drive our trucks (m715, M35, etc.) many miles. My first deuce was driven 1500 miles back to Houston.

Road trips are fun.

This truck is intended to become a daily driver, once I give it the ol once over. When I mapquested the directions it told me it was a 16 hour drive, now I'm assuming thats at 65 mph. I dont plan on pushing this truck any past 45 at the most, Now I enjoy a good road trip just as much as the next guy but that would be a little rough on the backside. Ive always been a outside of the box kinda guy and once I saw this truck I knew I had to have it. The Girlfriend on the other hand wasn't so excited when she saw what I baught. Mostly because I sold my Silverado for My new 715 I figure at my age this is the best time to have this kinda toy!!!

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by randall555 View Post
    dont know how you are getting the truck home but if you try to drive it you will fry the transfer case . driving the truck at 50 mph or more will really do a number on the t case . and if towing with the front up and rear down take the rear drive shaft out because your tcase is still turning . dont want you to screw up you new purchase .
    I've driven mine a lot of miles at 50-55 without cooking my t-case. Its noisy, and runs hot, but its never died as a result. I've probably put at least 6,000 miles on it.

Oh, and one of our members has driven a stock M715 from Kali to New Jersey, and is on his way back now.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™