What I have is a Cummins 4BT remanned by Recon Diesel Co. (read Cummins). It was pulled from a Frito Lay truck prior to remanufacture. It retains the flywheel and aparatus for the auto transmission. I'm mating this engine to a 3053-A. The bellhousing on the engine and transmission already match up.

My question is this: Do I need to replace the flywheel or just pull the flywheel and remove the automatic tranny parts (if possible)? Also, I have a dry rear seal - is this correct or do I need a wet rear seal?

Never run into this problem, so I have no point of reference. If I'm missing something... please feel free to point out my ignorance.

Cummins Service (2 seperate shops) looked at it and had no solutions. Actually, both said they had never seen this setup on a flywheel. They are a slave to the computer and there is no description for the flywheel - only part numbers.

Cummins Customer Service is about to recieve my boot in an unpleasant place and in a decidedly unreasonable manner. They have bent over backwards (twice) to not give me a PN for a manual transmission flywheel. They even tried to bluff me with the EPA regulations as one of the reasons not to give me the part number. It's a sorry world....

Thanks guys,
Snuffy