Thread: Turn Signal TWO, 2 prong flashers

Default Turn Signal TWO, 2 prong flashers

Gents,
    Installed a new wiring harness (yeah), harness from EZ wiring. It has TWO, 2 prong flashers, a HAZARD wire and a FLASHER wire coming out that I assume hooks to the turn signal switch. Currently have a Universal Turn Signal switch from, Summit Racing, model 5007R (United Pacific).

So the '?' is how the hell do I hook this thing up. The directions call for a 3 prong flasher and after installing the wiring harness I hate to change to a 3 prong. I have looked all over the web, but I'm afraid my search enige skills are lacking!

I have the wires hooked up to the lights, but there is the RED, BLUE and BLACK wire. I have no idea what to hook it too. Constant power to both Hazard and Flasher wire with truck on.

Please and thanks, for all the help and suggestions. Oh yes EZ wiring, no help on calling back over the past 2 weeks to help with this issue either.

Thanks,
    Dave

I installed the EZ wiring harness in my truck but used the factory turn signal switch. It might be helpful if you could post up a picture of the summit switch wiring diagram. I still have my EZ instructions and may be able to help. The only difference is i dont have a hazard switch.

http://www.tbucketeers.com/threads/w...lashers.14197/

Link to a wiring diagram. My biggest problem is all the diagrams use a 3 prong flasher and not a 2 prong flasher. If this link doesn't work, I'll post a pic in photo bucket.

Thanks

I used one of those on my truck. I doubled up the blue and black on the L terminal. I ran the power from the 3 way switch into the X of the flasher, and power from the brake switch into the red wire

Thanks, George
    Joshua 24:15

So I think I got it, or what works for me!

Wires to the turn signals as required. BLACK & BLUE wires to the flasher wire of the EZ wiring harness. Turns signals work!

RED wire, not sure. Have tried hooking it to the HAZARD wire, and things go awry. Hooking to the side of the brake switch, they come on when stepping on the brake. So the above has worked. Now if I could get the no LED flashers in they would blink and everything is done!

Thanks